Friday, November 22, 2013

Student Success Statement #32

                                                              Student Success Statement #32




"Righteous community unity starts with ONE upright soul, whether it is a community of family, members, students, neighbors, teammates, or business associates. Unity conquers worthy pursuits more quickly and with less effort than individual effort alone."
                                                                                                           - Mr. Haymore






Reflection: Mr. Haymore is correct. Success is all about teamwork. For example, I used to believe my Algebra 1 teacher disliked me. She always got mad at me for the simplest things, like turning around to talk to my classmate. I hardly id my work in her class. But then, one day, she went up to me and told me, "I want my seventh grade Brenda back." She helped me on my missing assignments, and she helped me by tutoring me as much as she could so I could learn and understand as much as I could so I could pass the Algebra 1 exit exam so I would be able to be in Algebra 2 for my high school freshman year. Well I passed the exam, and here I am now, freshman year at LMHS in Algebra 2. I thank her son much for helping me out. And I also thank many of my classmates who helped me out as well. It really does take a team to achieve a dream, and my dream was to go into Algebra 2 because I love math, and here I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment